Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions ("Terms", "Agreement") are an agreement between Website Operator ("Website Operator", "us", "we" or "our") and you ("User", "you" or "your"). This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the europeanfilmchallenge.eu website and any of its products or services (collectively, "Website" or "Services").
Accounts and membership
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using this Website and by agreeing to this Agreement you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age. If you create an account on European Film Challenge, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor and review new accounts before you may sign in and use our Services. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. We may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) if we determine that you have violated any provision of this Agreement or that your conduct or content would tend to damage our reputation and goodwill. If we delete your account for the foregoing reasons, you may not re-register for our Services. We may block your email address and Internet protocol address to prevent further registration.
We do not own any data, information or material ("Content") that you submit on the Website in the course of using European Film Challenge. You shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, appropriateness, and intellectual property ownership or right to use of all submitted Content. We may monitor and review Content on the Website submitted or created using our Services by you. Unless specifically permitted by you, your use of the Website does not grant us the license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish or distribute the Content created by you or stored in your user account for commercial, marketing or any similar purpose. But you grant us permission to access, copy, distribute, store, transmit, reformat, display and perform the Content of your user account solely as required for the purpose of providing the Services to you. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, we have the right, though not the obligation, to, in our own sole discretion, refuse or remove any Content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any of our policies or is in any way harmful or objectionable.
We perform regular backups of the Website and Content and will do our best to ensure completeness and accuracy of these backups. In the event of hardware failure or data loss we will restore backups automatically to minimize the impact and downtime.
Links to other websites
Although this Website may link to other websites, we are not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with any linked website, unless specifically stated herein. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services, and content of any other third-parties. You should carefully review the legal statements and other conditions of use of any website which you access through a link from this Website. Your linking to any other off-site websites is at your own risk.
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the Website or Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the Website. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of the Website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Acceptance of these terms
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.
1. The European Film Challenge takes place over a limited period of time in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Lithuania, Latvia, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Macedonia and Czech Republic. The current round of the competition is open to participation from October 25, 2019 until December 27, 2019.
2. The first prize of the current competition is a trip to the Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale). We will cover the flight, accommodation and accreditation or tickets expenses of the winners. Any other expense has to be covered by the winners.
3. You must watch 10 different European films during the period of the contest to be considered for winning the first prize. European films are considered to be those that are from EU member states, Creative Europe MEDIA programme participants (Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Georgia, Moldova, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia and Ukraine) and Switzerland.
4. You must be at least 18 years of age to register at www.europeanfilmchallenge.eu. By using this Website and by agreeing to this Agreement you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age and you are living in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Lithuania, Latvia, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Macedonia or Czech Republic.
5.If you meet these requirements you can take part in the contest, with the exception of persons who have won European Film Challenge in the past three years.
5. To participate you must follow the next steps:
· Register / Login at www.europeanfilmchallenge.eu
· Watch 10 European films
· For each film, you must upload the name of the film together with an image proving that you have watched it, and indicating the place or platform on which you screened it.
· You have to share publicly your participation on at least one of your social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube or Twitter) or your website with the hashtag #europeanfilmchallenge.
6. The uploaded image must show where the movie has been watched, e.g. a photo of the cinema ticket, a photo from the cinema, the screen of the device used, the message confirming the purchase of the film online, a picture of the screen or any other image confirming that the film has been watched legally.
7. Films must be watched on a legal platform. The platform is considered to be legal if its content has been agreed upon with the owner(s) of the film rights.
8. Only European feature films are eligible for the contest. A feature film is a motion picture (including animation and documentary films) longer than 52 minutes.
9. You can check a film’s country of production on the Europa Cinemas film database http://www.europa-cinemas.org/en/Resources/Film-Database, the EACEA database https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/mediaPgm/, the Movie Database (TMDb) https://www.themoviedb.org/ or the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) http://www.imdb.com/.
10. Basic scoring system:
- 4 points for each European film. A film is considered to be European when at least one of production countries is European.
- 3 points for each different platform, e.g. movie theatre, internet, film festival, paid TV, free TV, DVD, etc. If a platform is repeated, you will not receive a point on subsequent occasions.
- We reserve the right to give no points for a film if the information has not been accurately indicated.
11. Extra points: Each country has the right to create and remove extra points for its territory during the whole contest period. The extra points will be at least published on one channel of the contest.
12. After the announcement of the end of the contest, the points of all participants will be audited. In case of two or more participants collected the same amount of points, we have the right to ultimately decide the winner.
14. We reserve the right to disqualify any person from the contest for an evident violation of the rules.
13. For the score system, we will refer to the information provided by the official movie databases listed in the above.
15. You are allowed to replace any uploaded film with a new one until 10 days before the end of the contest. By deleting a film, you will lose all the points including extra points that you have received for that film.
16. The contest is organised by the companies “The Film Agency“, “Kino metropolis”, “Kino Bize”, “Beldocs“, “Aerofilms“, “Association of Filmmakers in B&H” and “BLINK 42-21“. The permanent staff of the contest cannot compete for the first prize.
17. By participating in the contest, you confirm that you have read and agree to the rules. The rules of the contest and other information can be found in the website www.europeanfilmchallenge.eu
18. By taking part in the contest, you permit the use of uploaded pictures for any purposes that we deemed relevant to the contest.
19. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest after having announced such a change at the website www.europeanfilmchallenge.eu.
20. We have the right to publish the name and surname of the winners, an interview agreed upon with the winner, and any pictures taken for purposes relating to the contest, and without any additional remuneration or contract.
21. The winners will be announced no later than in the following 10 days after the end of the contest. We will contact the winners on the email contact provided in the participant's account.
22. If the winner does not respond within 5 days of being contacted by us, we has the right to choose and announce a new winner.
23. The prize cannot be exchanged for money or other goods.
24. For more information regarding the competition please contact the European Film Challenge at email@example.com.
25. We collect the following information about participants in the contest: name, surname and email address. This information is stored in the participant master record until the end of the round of the contest. Personal information is collected in order to identify participants, and to conduct certain activities including (but not limited to): processing registration; maintaining participants’ profiles; sending informational emails and notifications with the consent of participants; and communicating information that the contest we think may be of interest to participants. Each of the companies, “The Film Agency“, “Kino metropolis”, “Kino Bize”, “Beldocs“, “Aerofilms“, “Association of Filmmakers in B&H” and “ BLINK 42-21”, respectively, is responsible for processing the personal data of participants in the territory of operation.
We process participants’ personal data on the basis of their consent; however, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time. If this consent relates to receiving emails/newsletters, you may use the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email. If it relates to app notifications, you may turn off app notifications using device settings. You may also permanently delete their accounts at europeanfilmchallenge.eu. When you delete your account, all personal data held by us, related to the participant, will also be deleted.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Agreement or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to it, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was last updated on September 16, 2019